|F. G. REEVE|
Photograph by James A. Turner, Seattle.
Undated original from the archives of the S.P.H.S.©
Gross tons 87; Net tons 49.
101.7' x 22.5' x 6.4'
Her 325 HP triple-expansion engine was originally in the INLAND FLYER.
A few years before the building of the F.G. REEVE.
Undated litho card from the archives of S.P.H.S.©
The shipbuilding and repair activities continued at Dockton with the Stucky and Martinolich yards producing boats until 1929 when the Jane G, the last commercial boat built at Dockton, was launched.
As shipbuilding began to decline after the dry dock moved in 1909, Dockton began a slow gradual transformation into the quiet backwater community it is today." From: Vashon-Maury Island Heritage Association.
1922: F.G. REEVE, out of documentation.
1938: The F.G. REEVE was sold and her machinery & fittings were removed. The hull was abandoned in Lake Union.
1950s: During this decade, Cleo Crawford of Shaw Island, saw the vessel getting closer to the ship breakers and talked Foss Tug into towing the hull to the mud in front of the Crawford home in Blind Bay, San Juan Islands. It is not known what plans Cleo had in mind, but the vessel rotted away there, visible for many years along the eastern shore just south of the State ferry landing.
Not much of a story for the short life of the F.G. REEVE. If you have more feel free to contribute.
|Capt. F. G. REEVE|
Aboard the CHIPPEWA
17 May 1939
Original photo from the archives of the S.P.H.S.©